Saturday, August 27, 2011

That Dhoruba Irene

Reasons why its good that I'm still in New York and not on my way to Zurich right now:

1. I didn't really clean my room before we drove to the airport. Now I have time to do that.
2. My new layover is in Doha. Not even the travel agent knew where that was at first.
     2b. I have 12 hours to get very well acquainted with the Doha airport
3. Right before I left I saw we had Tangled on netflix. Now I can watch that.
4. More family time
5. The real good byes won't be as tragic as the practice good byes. We got that out of our systems
6. I can say goodbye to my cat
7. I can say I survived a hurricane
8. I can finish Cutting for Stone so I don't have to pack it
9. I'll definitely remember to take my larium because my mother will remind me
10. I'm not alone in my disappointment (bonding)
11. I can write another blog post full of optimistic reasons why I'm ok with being back in my living room

Dhoruba means "storm". I bet you were expecting something offensive.

Stay here with us. Don't go abroad.
I am now leaving Monday night. JFK to Doha to Nairobi. WOOOOOO.

No comments:

Post a Comment